القائمة الرئيسية

الصفحات

Hello, Listeners!

June was a busy month for me-- I started a new full time job and I could not focus much on digitizing and mastering any of my OTR collection. The July 1 Canada Day holiday delayed the start of any uploads and my June goal to have 10+ hours of new material to upload fell short. But... here are new titles that you will hear streaming on the network in the coming days:

CFBI035-CS - I Was A Communist For The FBI (ep-35) Treason Comes In Cans (11-23-52) (30m) [Tape Master]
FPWR261-CS - The FBI In Peace And War (ep-261) The Crack-Up (09-14-50) (30m) [Tape Master]
TLOR171-CS - The Life of Riley (ep-171) The Community Chest Drive (10-18-47) (30m) [Tape Master]
TMCXB73-CS - The Man Called X (ep-B-73) Ton of Dynamite (02-26-52) (30m) [Tape Master]
TLOR287-CS - The Life of Riley (ep-287) Surprise Party Show (10-06-50) (30m) [Tape Master]
TLOR288-CS - The Life of Riley (ep-288) Riley's First Car (10-13-50) (30m) [Tape Master]
SPCL005 - The Wizard of Oz Special - Good News of 1939 and Lux Radio Theater (2h)
GOOD079 - Good News of 1939 (ep-079) The Making of The Wizard of Oz (edited) (06-29-39) (60m)
LUXX727 - The Lux Radio Theater (ep-727) (LF Baum) The Wizard of Oz (12-25-50) (60m)

Of the new shows, CS means these are new episodes digitized from my old cassette collection. The Wizard of Oz programs are by far my favorite new uploads this month. I located a pristine version of the "Behind the Scenes of the Wizard of Oz" special from the Good News of 1939 series among my collection, but what you will find here are two versions, depending on when you catch them on-air:
     - The original length of the special is about an hour and 1-1/2 minutes and it was slightly too long to fit within the 1-hour slot of the schedule I've set up with the system's Auto-DJ function, so I've had to trim out one of the Maxwell House coffee commercials around the 42-minute mark. This edit is only in the standalone presentation of the show, which does not take away from the overall content of the special, which is most entertaining. The uncut original version is included as part of the 2-hour special, packaged with the Lux Radio Theater episode starring Judy Garland, which will air separately on the network. (The Lux episode also airs stand-alone on the network.)

I am also working on cleaning up the hourly playlists, readjusting the genres that I want to spread out throughout the broadcast day, and ensuring that episodes are evenly distributed within each playlist to try and add more variety to the randomness of their playback by the Auto-DJ system. You will still hear repeats (a lot of them, I'm afraid, until I can get more episodes uploaded to minimize how many repeats are generated), but I am working on adding more shows over the summer to fill up each hour.

Thanks to all who have written me and provided me with great feedback on what you are hearing on the live stream and what you are reading on the blog! I really appreciate all of your comments and feedback.

All the best to all of you over this amazing summer and I look forward to continuing to provide the BEST of Old Time Radio, all day, every day!

Yours truly, -Georges.
- geonsey@gmail.com
- vintagemediacollector@gmail.com

هل اعجبك الموضوع :
التنقل السريع